The CD192 is the highest performing CD player in the Arcam DiVA range, offering superior performance, a greater feature set and better value than previously was possible in the DiVA line. Arcam was designing and building high performance CD players in its UK factory since 1986. All of this experience has been pulled together to make the CD192 the clear “best in class” performer.
Using the design philosophy from Arcam’s FMJ player, the CD33T, the CD192 features upsampling technology*. By converting the standard CD digital audio to the high sample rates and bit depths used by DVD-Audio, some of the sound quality benefits of this more advanced disc format can now be realised in a standard CD player. Four Wolfson WM8740 DACs convert the digital data back to the analogue domain, the multiple DACs averaging out any errors that may be present in individual DAC ICs.
Finally a DC coupled output stage and extremely accurate ultra-low jitter clocking system ensure a sound quality that is truly remarkable from a conventional CD and sensational at this price.
The upsampling and DAC techniques effectively “upgrade” your CD collection offering more detail, greater imaging and an overall more emotional portrayal of the music.
Key Features of the CD192
- Upsampling to 192kHz for improved phase and frequency response
- High stability 3rd overtone clock for low jitter to improve the stereo imaging
- 4 x Wolfson WM8740 DACs per channel to increase linearity and reduce distortion
- DC coupled output with low DC offset servo to provide deep and controlled bass reproduction
- 4 Layer DAC PCB for improved low-level signal return paths and very low digital noise
- High quality op-amps from Analogue Devices and Burr Brown (AD797 and OP2134)
- Audiophile grade decoupling capacitors (Stargate and Oscon)
- Low dissipation factor polypropylene capacitors in the output filters (WIMA)
- Compatible with CD and most CD-R and CD-RW discs
- Displays CD Text information
- Infra Red remote control via supplied handset or industry standard 3.5mm jack
- Unit standby control via 12v rear panel 3.5mm jack
- 4-layer fibreglass DAC circuit board for best audio performance
- Low noise power supply with toroidal mains transformer
- Back panel switchblade mains voltage (230v / 115v)
- Size 430mm wide, 290mm deep, 85mm high