The DV78 was Arcam’s entry-level DVD Player. It supports both interlaced and progressive video outputs including 625p or “PAL progressive” video and also has excellent audio performance. Special attention has been paid to CD replay via the DV78’s analogue outputs – an area where nearly all DVD players currently fall short of audiophiles’ expectations. The DV78 is designed and manufactured by Arcam in the UK.
- Zoran Vaddis 5 processor with built in per pixel motion adaptive progressive scan engine
- RGB SCART and component video outputs – latter supports both 525p and 625p video
- NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC conversion
- High quality zoom function including 1.25 and 1.5 settings to fill “wrong aspect ratio” screens
- 6 x 10 bit 54 MHz video DACs (with 12 bit internal processing)
- 6 properly buffered 75 ohms video outputs, capable of driving long cables without distortion
- Supports DVD-Video, VCD, SVCD, including most DVD-R, DVD-Rw, DVD+R, DVD+Rw discs recorded to these standards. Kodak Photo CD/JPEGs supported on CDs.
- 32-bit Zoran audio DSP for optimum fidelity
- Top-of-the-line 24bit 192kHz Wolfson WM8740 DAC for stereo analogue outputs
- Low jitter audio clock circuitry
- Excellent CD replay, including HDCD decoding
- Replays MP3 and WMA encoded stereo files from CD, with dedicated on-screen browser
- Coaxial and optical digital outputs support PCM up to 24bit 96kHz, plus Dolby Digital and DTS output streams.
- Dual laser DVD drive reads CD-R and CD-Rw discs and most copy-protected audio CDs
- 4-layer fibreglass main circuit board for best audio and video performance
- Low noise Arcam-designed switch mode power supply with toroidal mains transformer
- Optional RS232 control (full duplex) for custom installation
- Front panel “navigation” button simplifies disc navigation when not using remote control
- New and improved slim-line remote control, type CR415
- 115/230V switchable mains supply
- Size 430mm wide, 340mm deep, 85mm high