The FMJ C31 preamplifier is a superbly transparent music preamplifier and provides a level of performance and flexibility that will delight even the most demanding music enthusiast.
The design of the C31 features a simple, accurate and clean signal path. The reed relay input switching dispenses with the compromises of mechanical or conventional relay designs, resulting in switching with immeasurable noise and distortion. The studio grade electronic volume controls deliver precision variation of volume level whilst maintaining the subtle nuances of the music and delivering long-term reliability.
Connections are designed to be flexible, with conventional unbalanced (for direct connection to power amplifiers and the purest fidelity), buffered unbalanced (for longer cable runs) and balanced output connections for use in electrically noisy environments. Inputs are wide ranging and include five line level inputs, two independent tape loops and an optional single stage MM/MC phono input.
- All new audiophile pre-amplifier design with very low noise and distortion
- Very short audio signal path for cleanest possible sound
- No tone controls for lowest distortion and noise
- DC coupled using servo to remove any DC from input signals
- New improved Burr Brown volume control
- High quality Burr Brown op-amps in signal path
- Hermetically sealed reed relay input switching with immeasurable distortion and noise*
- Four-layer printed circuit boards allow control of power supply reduction of electrical noise
- Processor mode option for seamless integration with AV surround decoders
- Audiophile grade Stargate and Rubicon capacitors for signal transparency
- Optional single stage MM/MC phono preamp
- Buffered balanced and unbalanced audio outputs
- Independently buffered tape paths
- Front panel headphones socket driven by dedicated headphone driver circuit
- Acousteel critically damped chassis to reduce microphony
- 8mm extruded aluminium faceplate for mechanical integrity and electrical shielding
- Additional aluminium casework and unique electrical shielding materials
- Clear easy-to-read front panel display
- Large core low flux density toroidal based power supply
- Massive 2×10,000uF bulk decoupling capacitors to reduce voltage variation on input to audio regulators
- Dual regulated system for analogue power supplies